Application Status: Closed – but accepting resumes.
Creative Edge Products, LLC – Mechanical Engineer Position
Based in Austin Texas, Creative Edge Products, LLC is a product development and industrial design company that works with inventors and companies to bring their products to life using professional product development and design services. We are a friendly, creative and professional company who enjoys what we do and strives to provide quality in our work by using our creative minds to produce a product that is aesthetically pleasing and functional.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Hours: Monday – Friday (9am – 6pm with some flexibility)
Type: Contract to hire, Part-time
Designs and develops new products using solid modeling software. Sources and builds parts for final prototype assembly.
- Analyze client needs and requirements to propose solutions and determine project direction.
- Project planning and brainstorming.
- Product and parts sourcing.
- Solid modeling using SolidWorks or AutoCAD.
- Create design specifications and document all aspects of design from solid modeling to manufacturing prints.
- Prove-out concepts through rapid prototyping.
- Design, assemble and test/debug prototypes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Project Management, SolidWorks 2009+ , AutoCAD 2009+, Adobe Photoshop CS3+, Microsoft Office, Industrial Design, PC Hardware and Software, Good Listening, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Creative Thinker, Product Development Fundamentals, Product Development Process.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or 5+ years related experience.
Varies depending on education and experience.